Understanding Paint Protection and why it is important
If you own million-dollar supercars, they are expensive to purchase; hence, it is essential to preserve and protect it. Protection is not only about routine checkups and making sure that the car is safe to drive, but you should also take care of the cosmetic appearance of your metallic horses. For this, Paint Protection Film (PPF) can be one of the most trusted options to go with. After all, it is important to take measures to protect and preserve your cars shiny exterior from day one in the same way you would protect a newly bought smartphone. We are sure no one wants a newly purchased car to become immediately tarnished, or ever in that matter. While there are many ways to apply protection on car exteriors from chemicals to wrapping materials, today we will be talking about the ultimate guard; Paint Protection Film which works in the same method as smartphone screen protectors.
Whether you only want to protect the front bumper from some stone chipping or preserve the entire paint job by wrapping the whole vehicle, protection is the ultimate goal, and nothing comes close to providing the protection of a Paint Protection Film.
The films are made of transparent protection sheets with an undetectable thickness of 185 microns and protect cars from stains, oxidizing and scratch caused by sandstorms, winds, and rain; it even protects against minor dents.
How to apply a Pain Protection Film – 7 easy steps to follow
Here are the steps you have to follow to apply a PPF correctly, yet getting the help of professionals can be the best option.
- Preparation should start by washing the car’s surface carefully to make sure no dirt or stains are remaining.
- After the premium car wash, the surface goes through decontamination through rubber.
- At this point ideally, the car should go through extensive care procedures by applying complex care materials to bring back the shine of the color and protect the colored surface from deep inside its layers, this is known as rectification.
- Before applying the film we make sure that the right measurements are taken before cutting the materials. Professional car care centers would use high-end laser cutters that will guarantee a perfect fit.
- While applying the film make sure that it covers the surface from end to end without any gaps, particular attention should be dedicated to edges, to avoid pealing in future.
- We make sure that the paint protection film is well stretched over the surface and has no wrinkles or air bubbles left in between the film and the surface.
- Finally, ensure that the paint protection film is well fitted and inform our customers to avoid a car wash for two days after the application in order not to affect the film’s adhesive properties.
Did you know that the BODYFENCE® , premium paint protection films from HEXIS®, have a self-healing mechanism. By simply applying hot water, scratches would magically disappear. That, coupled with our 3D+ Acrylic Paint Protection from ProTech® Monte Carlo makes the films last longer. Consider this as a guard to your paint protection which drastically lowers their maintenance cost.
Get your car Paint Protection Film applied professionally.